Publications/ Marketing and Communications Coordinator (4 day a week positon)
Beth Tikvah Synagogue - is a Conservative Egalitarian Synagogue in Toronto - we are looking to hire a marketing communications professional who will be responsible for the continued growth and development of our program and event promotions, publications, website and social media channels.
- Write, edit, create a variety of communications materials (flyers, banners, graphics etc.) for programs and events, including media releases
- Produce weekly, quarterly and yearly publications
- Maintain and edit the website, using graphic design and basic HTML
- Maintain electronic board programming and schedules
- Maintain MailChimp and email lists
- Create and disseminate advertising in the Synagogue and on social media channels, on MailChimp, and with outside sources
- Liaise with the Program Director, the Event and Program Coordinator, and member volunteers for programmatic planning requirements
- Liaise with the Executive Director for final approval on all communications, promotions, and publications.
- Basic office administrative duties including, but not limited to, answering phones and taking donations and program registrations
- Strong writing and organizational skills with close attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently
- Positive attitude with outstanding interpersonal skills; comfortable working with a wide range of people, and able to collaborate with others to create and sustain positive working relationships
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and courteously in writing, on the telephone, and in person.
- Ability to think independently and to take initiative
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Spark, Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets, MailChimp and database software
- Experience with Squarespace website tools
- Experience to assist with special projects
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- College degree required in Marketing & Communications, or related discipline
- Jewish organizational experience is a plus
- This is not an entry level position
Please submit resume and cover letter, no later than May 7, 2018 at 5:00 pm, to email@example.com.
Youth & Young Families Coordinator
Beth Tikvah is more than just a Conservative synagogue . Our community is vibrant, forward-looking and dedicated to the Jewish future. We are a dynamic, egalitarian, vital Jewish congregation offering rich and varied social, cultural, and educational activities to serve the needs of a diverse and growing membership.
IS THIS YOUR WORK PLACE CULTURE? Do you like to collaborate within a young team, and the opportunity to run with an idea? Are you passionate about informal education that scaffolds Jewish identity? Do you enjoy building relationships between people? Do you thrive when you are both a learner and a student? Do you like to be challenged and value making every moment count? At the end of the day, do you want to feel like your contribution has made a difference? If so, come work with us!
THIS IS SOME OF WHAT YOU CAN BRING. You have a post-secondary degree/diploma in Jewish education, experience with event planning within the framework of the Jewish calendar, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting similar scope events, preferably in a non-profit organization and ideally within the Jewish community. You are detail oriented, collaborative, take initiative, and can handle high pressure situations and remain professional.
THIS IS YOUR PLATFORM. You identify and implement opportunities for congregants to forge relationships. Using social, ritual and educational programming, you create positive experiences for youth and young families that both serve our existing membership and encourage growth in these two key areas. You work with the Assistant Rabbi to innovate and realize annual goals of the Youth and Young Families Department. You work closely with the Program Director to support The Youth & Young Families/ Festivals Committee. You ensure objectives are met, that the committee is informed and chairs/project managers receive exceptional support during program planning and execution. You attend meetings with various stakeholders to gather information and feedback, then using your skills and creativity, identify actionable paths forward and appropriate messaging for the department. You manage the volunteer process for all events, coordinate event budgets, supervise, mentor and do whatever it takes to build a thriving youth and young families department.
HERE’S WHY IT’S SO GREAT TO WORK WITH US. You are surrounded by a friendly, inclusive, dedicated team. While weekends and some evenings are required between September and June, flexible scheduling and work-from-home are encouraged. This is an excellent opportunity to fulfill your calling and make a difference in the Jewish community.
READY TO APPLY? Please peruse our website for more information on who we are and what we do.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY VIA https://charityvillage.com/app/job-listings/38ea1aea-553f-e811-80d3-14187768272a